Dealing with queries or requests from the visitors and employees. Coordinating the maintenance and repair of office equipment. Assisting other administrative staff in wide range of office duties. Collecting and distributing couriers or parcels among employees and opening and sorting emails.
Office Assistant Duties responsibilities include:
- Organizing the office and assisting associates to optimize processes
- Sorting and distributing communications in a timely manner
- Using “back-office” computer systems
Job brief :
We are looking for a competent Office Assistant to help with the organization and running of the daily administrative operations of the company.
What does an office assistant do?
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
- Organize office and assist associates in ways that optimize procedures
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments
- Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies
- Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues
- Perform receptionist duties when needed
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience as a back-office assistant, office assistant or in another relevant administrative role
- Knowledge of “back-office” computer systems
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving